This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Municipality of Rosenberg (Germany)

Gemeinde Rosenberg, Neckar-Odenwald-Kreis, Baden-Württemberg

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: rosenberg | per bend sinister | rose | wheel |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Rosenberg municipal banner] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Jun 2013
approved 16 August 1976 See also:

Municipality of Rosenberg

Rosenberg Municipal Banner

Description of banner:
It is a red - yellow vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the bottom. The name of the city in black letters is placed into a narrow, yellow "chief".
Source: municipal webpage (on occasion of a roofing ceremony of a public building)
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Jun 2013

Rosenberg Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided per bend sinister into gold (=yellow) over red. Above right is a red, heraldic rose seeded golden (= yellow). Below left is a golden (= yellow) wheel with six spokes.
Meaning:
In 1972 the municipalities of Hirschlanden and Rosenberg, including the incorporated former municipalities of Bronnacker and Sindolsheim, merged. The rose is a canting element. The pattern refers to the political and territorial situation before 1802/1806, when the Holy Roman Empire was dissolved. The rose appeared in the crest of the Lords of Rosenberg, who were rulers of Bronnacker, Hirschlanden and Rosenberg until the 17th century. It also appears in the arms of the Counts, later Princes, of Wertheim, local rulers until the 18th century. The wheel is representing Sindolsheim, that was ruled by the Rüdt of Gollenberg family as vassals of the archbishops of Mainz.
Source: Landeskundliches Informationssystem Baden-Württemberg

Banner and coat of arms were approved on 16 August 1976 by the county administration, published in GABl 312/1977.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Jun 2013


back to Neckar-Odenwald cities and municipalities click here