This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

City of Stockach (Germany)

Stadt Stockach, Kreis Konstanz, Baden-Württemberg

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: stockach | bend | attires(2;bendy) | trunk(raguly) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Stockach banner] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Nov 2013 See also:

City of Stockach

Stockach Banner

Description of banner:
It is a white - red - white vertical triband. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: Stefan Schwoon spotted this banner on 20 June 2004 at the local tourist information.

Stockach Plain Banner

[Stockach plain banner] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Nov 2013

Description of banner:
It is a white - red - white vertical triband.
Source: Stefan Schwoon spotted this banner on 20 June 2004 at the local market square.

Stockach Banner with Bannerhead

[Stockach banner w/ bannerhead] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Nov 2013

Description of banner:
It is a white - red - white vertical triband. The coat of arms is at the top in a red bannerhead.
Source: Stefan Schwoon spotted this banner on 20 June 2004 at the local market square.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Nov 2013

Stockach Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The golden (= yellow) shield is divided by a silver (= white) bend, which is superimposed by a trunk raguly in natural colour. Please note that the "natural" colour is mostly realized as red. In case of the bannerhead version it is however brown. The golden fields are superimposed by a blue, bendy attire each.
Meaning:
The city was founded before 1283 by the Counts of Veringen-Nellenburg. After they had died out the city became a possession of the Barons of Tengen, who sold the city to Austria in 1465. The seals until the 16th century only show the canting stick (German: Stock), which was augmented in the 16th century with the two attires from the arms of the Counts of Veringen-Nellenbach. The city arms since then have never changed, except that in the 19th century and until 1937 an angel was used as a supporter. The colours were fixed in 1898.
Source: Stadler 1971, p.99


Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Nov 2013


back to Konstanz cities and municipalities click here