This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Kronach County (Germany)

Kreis Kronach, Oberfranken District, Bavaria

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: kronach county | lion(black) | hearts(9) | millwheel | sinister facing | bendlet | crowned |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Kronach County banner (Germany)] 5:2 image by Stefan Schwoon, 3 Oct 2001
approved 7 November 1978
See also:

Kronach County

Yellow-blue stripes.
Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964, p.53
Stefan Schwoon, 3 Oct 2001

The coat of arms was approved on 11 April 1957 and confirmed on 5 June 1973. The two lions are the lions of the Bishopric of Bamberg and the Counts of Orlamünde. The largest part of the county belonged since 1122 to the bishops as one of theit core territories, whereas the counts owned the castle and estate of Lauenstein in the northern part of the county. The base colours are those of the Cistercian abbey of Langheim. The wheel is symbolizing riches of forests and water and the economic importance of wood processing and the many sawmills and water mills of the county..
Source: Stadler 1964, p.53
Santiago Dotor, 15 Jan 2004


back to Bavarian District, County and Municipal Flags Index page click here