This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Municipality of Badenweiler (Germany)

Gemeinde Badenweiler, Kreis Breisgau-Hochschwarzwald, Baden-Württemberg

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: badenweiler | pale | chevrons(3) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Badenweiler banner] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 29 Oct 2013
approved 19 December 1985 See also:

Municipality of Badenweiler

Badenweiler Municipal Banner

Description of banner:
It is a yellow - red vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is on the top of the yellow stripe.
Source: Stefan Schwoon spotted this banner on 4 July 2004 in front of the local swimming hall.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 29 Oct 2013

Badenweiler Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The red shield is divided by a golden (= yellow) pale, which is superimposed by three black chevrons.
Meaning:
Castle and Lordship of Badenweiler became a possession of the Counts of Straßberg, a branch oft he Swiss Counts of Neuenburg, in 1303 and of the Margraves of Baden in 1503. The arms of the Lordship of Badenweiler had already been the amrs of the Counts of Straßberg. The number of the chevrons later was reduced from five down to three.The arms were kept after the Straßberg family had died out. The seal of the subdistrict (/Vogtei/) in the 18th century already displayed the arms of the lordship. In the 19th century a seal with the Baden arms was in use but replaced by a corrected form of the Badenweiler arms in 1899.
Source: Landeskundliches Informationssystem Baden-Württemberg

The banner was approved on 19 December 1985 by the county administration, published in GABl 313/1986.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 29 Oct 2013


back to Breisgau-Hochschwarzwald cities and municipalities click here