This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Municipality of Langenargen (Germany)

Gemeinde Langenargen, Bodenseekreis, Baden-Württemberg

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: langenargen | gonfanon(red) | bar(barry indented point in point) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Langenargen municipal flag] 3:5 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 24 Jun 2013
approved 24 June 1982 See also:

Municipality of Langenargen

Langenargen Municipal Flag

Description of flag:
It is a red over white horizontal bicolour. The coat of arms is in the centre of the flag.
Source: Stefan Schwoon spotted this flag on 28 July 2004 in the harbour area.
Klaus-Michael Schneider,

Langenargen Municipal Banner

[Langenargen municipal banner] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 24 Jun 2013

Description of banner:
It is a red - white vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: Stefan Schwoon spotted this banner on 28 July 2004 at the local market square.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 24 Jun 2013

Langenargen Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
In a silver (= white) shield is a red gonfanon with three tails and golden (= yellow) fringes at the end of each tail. The sheet above is superimposed by a bar barry indented point in point of black and golden (= yellow).
Meaning:
Langenargen gained city rights in 1453, lost them however later (no further information given). Langenargen was a dominion of the Counts of Montfort since 1290 and of Austria since 1780. Around 1800 the local authority (Obervogteiamt) used a seal divided per pale , displaying the arms of Austria on the dexter side and the Montfort gonfanon on the sinister side. Bar and annulets at the top were added as a distinguishing mark, because also the arms of Vorarlberg display a red gonfanon with red annulets.
Source: Landeskundliches Informationssystem Baden-Württemberg

Flag and banner coat of arms were approved on 24 June 1982 by the county administration, published in GABl 560/1983. The coat of arms of arms is in use at least since the 1960ies, some say since 1899.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 24 Jun 2013


back to Bodensee cities and municipalities click here