This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Municipality of Winden (Elztal) (Germany)

Gemeinde Winden im Elztal, Kreis Emmendingen, Baden-Württemberg

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: winden(elztal) | church | triple mount | millwheels(2) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Winden (Elztal) municipal banner] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 22 Jun 2013
approved 6 August 1976 See also:

Municipality of Winden (Elztal)

Winden (Elztal) Municipal Banner

Description of banner:
It is a red - white vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: Landeskundliches Informationssystem Baden-Württemberg
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 22 Jun 2013

Winden (Elztal) Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
In a silver (= white) shield on top of a green triple mount stands a red church, flanked by two impending red mill wheels having eight spokes each.
Meaning:
On 1 January 1975 the municipalities Oberwinden and Niederwinden merged, forming the new municipality of Winden. The colours red and white, which had been also predominant in the arms of both former municipalities, are alluding to Austria, which ruled the area until 1805. The wheels are representing the local watermills in both former municipalities. The triple mount is representing Hörnleberg, a local mountain. On its top a pilgrimage chapel had been erected in 1856.
Source: Stadler 1971, p.

Banner and coat of arms were approved on 6 August 1976 by the county administration, published in GABl 314/1977.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 22 Jun 2013


back to Emmendingen cities and municipalities click here