This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Kirchdorf Comprehensive Municipality (Germany)

Samtgemeinde Kirchdorf, Landkreis Diepholz, Lower Saxony

Last modified: 2017-09-07 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: kirchdorf(sg) | kirchdorf | barenburg | plough shares | pale | bear's paw | barrulet(wavy) | leopard | mount | bend(wavy) | church | well |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Kirchdorf SG flag] 3:5 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Nov 2016
See also:

Kirchdorf Comprehensive Municipality (SG)

Introduction of Kirchdorf Comprehensive Municipality

Due to administrative changes Kirchdorf Comprehensive Municipality was established in 1974. Five smaller communes had been dissolved and incorporated ino the remaining municipalities. The comprehensive municipality had had 7444 inhabitants in 2015 and covers 179.7  km².
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Nov 2016

SG Kirchdorf Flag

The flag is yellow ("golden") with a blue stripe at top- and bottom-edge. The coat of arms is in the centre of the golden field.
Source: 2(2) of Hauptsatzung of Kirchdorf Comprehensive Municipality, version 19 December 2011
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Nov 2016

SG Kirchdorf Coat of Arms

The shield is blue, divided by a white pale, charged with a black bear's paw armed red, both blue fields are charged with three golden plough shares set in pale. In base is a barrulet wavy, golden in the blue field s and blue on the white pale.
Meaning:
The bear's paw is taken from the arms of the Counts of Hoya. The six plough shares are representing the six entities belonging to the comprehensive municipality: Barenburg market town and the municipalities Bahrenborstel, Freistatt, Kirchdorf proper, Varrel and Wehrbleck. The barrulet wavy is representing Große Aue, a local creek.
Source: 2(1) of Hauptsatzung of SG Kirchdorf, version 19 December 2011
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Nov 2016


Bahrenborstel Municipality

The colours of the municipality are black and golden (= yellow). According to village mayor mr. M.Stelloh the municipality has arms but no proper flag.
Source: 2(2) of Hauptsatzung of Bahrenborstel Municipality, version 1 November 2011
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 14 Aug 2017


Barenburg Market Town

Barenburg Flag

[Barenburg market flag] 3:5 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 14 Aug 2017

It is a blue over yellow horizontal bicolour with centred arms. The local Hauptsatzung just mentions colours.
Source: 2(2) of Hauptsatzung of Barenburg, version 8 November 2011 and NDR3-TV-report on 25 August 2007, contributed by Stefan Schwoon
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 14 Aug 2017

Barenburg Banner

[Barenburg market town banner] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 14 Aug 2017

It is a blue-yellow vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: 2(2) of Hauptsatzung of Barenburg, version 8 November 2011 and NDR3-TV-report on 25 August 2007, contributed by Stefan Schwoon
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 14 Aug 2017

Barenburg Flag 1957

[Barenburg market town flag 1957] 3:5 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 8 Nov 2016

In 1957 there existed a white flag with narrow blue stripes at top and bottom, charged with the arms in its centre.
Source: Stadler 1970, p.22
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 8 Nov 2016

Barenburg Coat of Arms

The shield is blue, issuant from base a green mount, thereon a leopard passant proper (i.e. golden spotted black).
Meaning:
A castle was first mentioned in 1235. The region became a dominion of the Counts of Hoya in 1338 and of the Welfen-kin in1434. The village was denoted as market town since the 16th century. The arms were granted in 1602 by Bishop Heinrich Julius of Halberstadt, a member of the Welfen-kin. The leopard, described as "Leo Pard" is probably a modification of the lion of Heinrich's family. In 1928 the authorities refused the right of using the title of a city.
Source: Stadler 1970, p.22
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 8 Nov 2016


Freistatt Municipality

According to 2(2) of local Hauptsatzung, version 3 November 2011, the municipality has colours golden,red and green. But according to Mrs. Langhorst from SG Kirchdorf Central Services Department Freistatt has no proper flag.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 14 Aug 2017

Kirchdorf bei Sulingen Municipality

Kirchdorf Flag

[Kirchdorf bei Sulingen municipal flag] 3:5 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Nov 2016

It is a red over yellow horizontal bicolour with centred arms.
Source: this flag online catalogue
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Nov 2016

Kirchdorf Coat of Arms

The shield is divided by a golden bend wavy, charged with three blue plough shares. In sinister chief in a blue field is a golden church. In dexter base in a red field is a golden well pouring water of the same.
Meaning:
The three parts of the arms are referring to the three villages of Kirchdorf proper, Scharringhausen and Kuppendorf-Heerde, both had been incorporated on 1 March 1974.. The church is representing Kirchdorf proper, which got its name in the 13th century, when the local parish church had been built. Each plough share is representing one of the former villages and they are referring to the comprehensive municipality, which also displays a plough share in its arms. The bend wavy is representing little Aue River. The well, which already stands on the local market square, is referring to the local fountains. Kirchdorf had been a spa from 1726 to the 19th century. Today the fountains supply the local public swimming baths.
Source: municipal heraldry page
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 14 Aug 2017


Varrel Municipality

Varrel Flag

[Varrel municipal flag] 3:5 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 14 Aug 2017

It is a blue over yellow horizontal bicolour with centred arms. 2(2) of local Hauptsatzung, version 10 November 2011, just mentions colours blue and yellow.
Source: Stefan Schwoon's database, based on state archive Hannover
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 14 Aug 2017

Varrel Coat of Arms

Shield parted per pale, at dexter Azure a throughout Latin cross Or, at sinister Or a pale raguly Azure, denoted in blazon as tree, base wavy Gules charged with a plough share Or.
Meaning:
The cross is symbolising that Varrel is seat of an own parish church since more than 500 years. The "tree" is representing Dörrieloh village, which had the arms of the Knightship of Dorgeloh as its proper municipal arms. The base Gules is symbolising the fact that the local people are rooted to the soil. The plough share is symbolising that Varrel is part of Kirchdorf Comprehensive Municipality.
Sources: 2(1) of Hauptsatzung of Varrel Municipality, version 10 November 2011, and
municipal heraldry page
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 14 Aug 2017


Wehrbleck Municipality

Wehrbleck Flag

[Wehrbleck municipal flag] 3:5 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 14 Aug 2017

It is a green over yellow horizontal bicolour with centred arms. 2(2) of local Hauptsatzung, version 15 November 2011, just mentions colours green and golden (= yellow).
Source: this online newspaper
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 14 Aug 2017

Wehrbleck Coat of Arms

Shield parted per fess wavy, above Vert an oak twig Or with five leaves, beneath Gules a plough share Or, the shield is parted by two barrulets wavy Argent at the top endge of the lower field.
Meaning:
The green colour is representing the green meadows and fields. The oak twig is representing the five settlement cores Wehrbleck-village, Buchhorst, Nordholz, Nutteln and Strange. Furthermore it is symbolising the numerous local oak trees. The golden colour is taken from the arms of the Counts of Hoya. The barrulets wavy are representing the little rivers Flöte and Aue. The red colour is symbolising intensive agriculture. The plough share is symbolising that Wehrbleck is part of Kirchdorf Comprehensive Municipality.
Sources: 2(1) of Hauptsatzung of Wehrbleck Municipality, version 15 November 2011 and
municipal heraldry page
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 14 Aug 2017


back to Diepholz cities and municipalities click here.