This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Dingolfing-Landau County (Germany)

Kreis Dingolfing-Landau, Niederbayern District, Bavaria

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: dingolfing-landau | dingolfing county | landau county | chief | lozengy(white-blue) | lion(silver) | bend |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Dingolfing-Landau County banner (Germany)] 5:2 image by Stefan Schwoon, 26 Sep 2001
approved 1 October 1974
See also:

Dingolfing-Landau County

Dingolfing County merged with Landau County during the 1972 municipal reform to form Dingolfing-Landau County.
Stefan Schwoon, 12 July 2001

White-red stripes, used unofficially (i.e. without approval from the relevant authorities). After its foundation until 1973 the county was known for a time under the name Untere Isar. The seat of the county is Dingolfing.
Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Linder and Olzog 1996

Stefan Schwoon, 26 September 2001

From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms The arms were approved on 1 October 1974. The arms are a combination of elements from the two older arms. The chief with the arms of Bavaria is taken from both older arms. The lion is taken from Landau County, the bars from Dingolfing County.
Literature: [presumably Linder and Olzog 1996].
Santiago Dotor, 4 December 2003

Dingolfing County Banner until 1972

[Dingolfing County flag 1972 (Germany)] 5:2 image by Stefan Schwoon, 27 Sep 2001
abolished 30 June 1972

Dingolfing County used a white-red flag, without approval. The county merged with Landau during the 1972 municipal reform to form Dingolfing-Landau county.
Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964, p.27
Stefan Schwoon, 12 July 2001

The coat of arms was approved on 16 January 1957. The chief displays the arms of the Wittelsbach kin and Bayern and is symbolizing the fact that the county gradually became a possession of this family between 1228-1251. The divided lower part shows the arms of the Counts of Frontenhausen - , former ruler of parts of the county before 1226. The bend is taken from the arms of the State of Regensburg, which also owned a part of the county since 1257.

Source: Stadler 1964, p.27
Santiago Dotor, 17 June 2003

Landau County Banner until 1972

[Landau County flag 1972 (Germany)] 5:2 image by Stefan Schwoon, 13 July 2001
approved 17 March 1960, abolished 30 June 1972

White-red-white, approved 17.03.1960. The county merged with Dingolfing County during the 1972 municipal reform.
Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964, p.54
Stefan Schwoon, 13 July 2001

The coat of arms was approved on 21 May 1959. The chief displays the arms of Bavaria, as some parts of the county already belonged to Bavaria since 1224. The lower part shows the arms of one of the major noble families in the 14th century, the Counts of Leonberg. These arms are canting means " lion mountain".
Source: Stadler 1964, p.54
Santiago Dotor, 18 June 2003


back to Bavarian District, County and Municipal Flags Index page click here