This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

City of Wildberg (Germany)

Stadt Wildberg, Kreis Calw, Baden-Württemberg

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: wildberg | attire | chief | initial |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Wildberg city banner] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 6 May 2013
approved 20 January 1976 See also:

City of Wildberg

Wildberg City Banner

Description of banner:
It is a white - red vertical bicolour. The coat of arms in the centre of the banner.
Source: Stefan Schwoon: "Kommunalflaggen in Baden-Württemberg", published in "Flaggenkurier" no.3, Berlin 2010, image no.44
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 6 May 2013

Wildberg Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided per fess into silver (= white) over red. Above is a black attire, below is a silver (= white) initial "W".
Meaning:
Wildberg was before 1237 a small town beneath a castle and ruled by the Palatine Counts of Tübingen. Wildberg gained city rights before 1281 from the Counts of Hohenberg. The local seals, first prints existed from 1297, also during the 15th and 16th century all showed the arms of the Hohenberg kin, divided per fess into silver and red. In the late 16th century the letter "W" was added to distinguish the arms from those of the family. The attire, symbolizing the Counts of Württemberg - rulers since 1440 - in the upper half of the arms first appeared in 1612. The arms have not changed since then.
Source: Stadler 1971, p.114

Banner and coat of arms were approved on 20 January 1976 by the county administration, published in GABl 311/1977.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 6 May 2013


back to Calw cities and municipalities click here