This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
Brodek u Prostějova (Czech Republic)
Prostějov okres, Olomouc region
Last modified: 2011-03-18 by andrew weeks
Keywords: brodek u prostejova |
Links: FOTW homepage |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
image by Jarig Bakker, 4 Apr 2004
adopted 18 Jun 2003
Brodek u Prostějova flag
Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí Čr (2003)
- Brodek u Prostějova, Prostějov district, Olomouc region - flag adopted
18 June 2003.
Brodek was named after the small river Broděnka that runs through the
village. Brodek's most remarkable landmark, the Baroque Church of the Elevation
of the Holy Rood dating from 1726, was built according to a design by J.
B. Fischer of Erlach. This famous architect also worked out a plan for
the construction of the local chateau, which was visited in the past by
the painter Josef Mánes.
Jarig Bakker, 4 Apr 2004
Brodek u Prostějova Coat of Arms
image from this