This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Andělská Hora (Czech Republic)

Bruntál okres, Moravian-Silesian region

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: andelska hora |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors





[Andelská Hora flag] image by Jarig Bakker, 7 Sep 2002
adopted 7 May 1997 See also:

Andělská Hora flag

Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí ČR (1997) - Andělská Hora, Bruntál district, Moravosilesian region - adopted 7 May 1997. Its coat of arms is at this webpage, where we read that the number of inhabitants by 31.12. 2000 was 396. Andělská Hora was founded as a mining town by Jan starší Bruntálský from Vrbno about 1540. The first written trace dated back to 1550. Gold was mined there. Later, flax growing was started and weaving started developing. In 1642 the town was burnt down to the ground. In the first half of the 18th century the gold mining was stopped. Eduard Schön-Englsberg, regional composer, lived and died there. After World War II, German population was displaced from Andělská Hora. In the 60s Andělská Hora was integrated with another village - Světlá Hora. In 1990 Andělská Hora regained independence. The village is a resort spot now.
Jarig Bakker, 7 Sep 2002

Andělská Hora coat of arms

[Andelská Hora coat of arms] image from this webpage.