Last modified: 2015-08-26 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: education |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 02 December 2014
Academia Francia Belleza y Diseño Cauca, located in Popayán (Cauca Department)
educates manicurists, podiatrists, hairdressers and make-up artists and
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided white-green. A white triangle is placed along the hoist, limited on its left by a magenta border and charged with the institute's emblem.
The emblem of the institute was adopted by Agreement No. 1 of 15 March 2014, according to the norms established in the institute's Etiquette Guidebook and Corporative Visual Identity Guidebook. The shield is of "metallic texture". The gray bordure is inscribed with three words found in the Book of Proverbs, "CIENCIA SABIDURIA" (Science, Learning; left) and "CONOCIMIENTO" (Knowledge; right). The shield is vertically divided by wavy lines into three parts:
- the left part features on a magenta background a white pair of scissors representing the techniques and trends of decorative aesthetics:
- the right part features on a green background a hairdresser's comb, representing clearness and care in beauty;
- the central part features on a white background a composite element shaped like a woman's silhouette, made of the Eiffel Tower, representing the first logo of the institute and France ("Francia") superimposed with a woman wearing an elegant sombrero, clad in white and outlined in magenta, representing subtlety, elegance, glamour and beauty. Beneath the silhouette is an open book, superimposed with two hands supporting the woman-shaped silhouette, meaning that the institute is placed in God's hands.
The shield is surrounded by four scrolls attached to two staffs in the upper part, meaning command, safety and strength. In the lower part is a golden yellow plaque inscribed with "2005", the year of foundation of the institute as Institución Educativa para el Trabajo y el Desarrollo Humano. The two scrolls closer to the shield are green, while the two distant ones are magenta, inscribed with the institute's motto "ESFUERZATE Y SE VALIENTE" (Work and Be Valiant). The shield is surmounted by a white scroll inscribed with the institute's name in black capital letters.
Apple green, white and magenta are the corporate colours of the institute.
Green represents life, natural environment, growth, health, renovation, rest, fertility, resistance, freshness, elation, calm, balance, harmony, hope, youth, lightness, confidence, stability and economy.
White, as the colour of the Holy Ghost, represents purity, virginity, perfection and limpidity. Associated with light, kindness, innocence and freshness, it represents faith.
Magenta represents compassion, support, kindness, glamour, elegance, maturity, benignity, grace, sincerity, amiability, enthusiasm, understanding, abnegation and empowerment.
Source: http://academiafrancia.com/nosotros/simbolos-institucionales - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 02 December 2014
image by E.R., 16 June 2009
A while ago in May I spotted the ESAP flag shown on TV during
the ceremonies for their 50th anniversary.
The ESAP (Escuela Superior de Administración Pública, Public Administration Superior School) was established by Law 19 of November 25, 1958 and traces its origins as a response to several missions to the country made earlier, but mainly during the regime of General Gustavo Rojas Pinilla (1953-1957), among them a commission from the French Government (n.d), The Kemmerer mission (led by prestigious Economist Edwin Walter Kemmerer which lasted several years and went to several countries, and visited Colombia in 1923 to help establish the Central Bank, today known as Banco de la República) the World Bank Mission in 1949 led by Profesor Kerry, The Louchlin Currier mission (led by Canadian-born Economist, later U.S. naturalized citizen and then Colombian citizen after the U.S. denied to renew his passport Lauchlin Bernard Currie between 1949 and 1953), and also private foundations such as the Ford and Kellogg Foundations), in which some of their recomendations were to modernize the Colombian State Organization.
The ESAP is a Public University under the DAFP and helps in administrative tasks to educate people who are to work in the civil service.
It currently operates several branches around to cover the whole country as follows:
- Antioquia Chocó (located in Medellín)
- Atlántico, Magdalena, Cesar and Guajira (located in Barranquilla)
- Bolívar, Sucre, Córdoba and San Andrés Islas. (located in Cartagena)
- Boyacá and Casanare (lcoated in Tunja)
- Caldas (located in Manizales)
- Cauca (located in Popayán)
- Cundinamarca (located in Fusagasuga)
- Huila and Caquetá (located in Neiva)
- Meta, Guaviare, Guainia, Vaupés, Vichada, Amazonas (located in Villavicencio)
- Nariño, Putumayo (located in Pasto)
- Norte de Santander Arauca (located in Cucuta)
- Risaralda Quindío (located in Dosquebradas)
- Santander (located in Bucaramanga)
- Tolima (located in Ibagué)
- Valle (located in Cali
The flag is the ESAP logo on a white background.
Sources: ESAP official website, Spanish wikipedia.
E.R., 16 June 2009
image by Ivan Sache, 22 July 2014
Institución Educativa Adolfo Hoyos Ocampo is located in Manizales (Caldas
Department). The institute is named for Father Adolfo Hoyos Ocampo (1882-1970),
considered as a benefactor of Manizales. President of the Society for Public
Improvement, the priest pushed the building of the roads to Chinchiná and
Termales, of the Nubia airport, of the Palace of Fine Arts, of the Caldas cement
factory, of the Faculty of Medicine of the Caldas University and of the Faculty
of Engineering of the National University.
The flag of the institute is vertically divided blue-white-blue with the institute's emblem in the middle. Blue is a symbol of the depth of ideas and of the Blessed Virgin, a model of virtues and values. White is a symbol of transparency, peace, tolerance, and purity.
http://caho.edu.co/wordpress/?page_id=35 - Institute's website
The emblem of the institute is inscribed in a blue equilateral triangle, a symbol of stability and strength. It features the three pillars of the institute on a golden background, a symbol of wealth, an open book as an example of study and knowledge, from which emerges, as a consequence, a dove with spread wings, an invitation to personal and community peace; all over, the sacred illumination of the Holy Trinity.
http://caho.edu.co/wordpress/?page_id=34 - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 22 July 2014
Colegio Municipal Aeropuerto was established in 1975 in Cúcuta (Norte del Santander Department), as Escuela Julio Rincón, allegedly named for the leader of a workers' union murdered in Cali. The institute was transferred in 1979 from the Aeropuerto (Airport) borough to the downtown, following a flood, and relocated in 1983 in Aeropuerto. Colegio Municipal de Bachillerato Barrio Aeropuerto was established by Municipal Decree No. 46 of 26 November 1996. Institución Educativa Colegio Municipal Aeropuerto was established in 2003 by the merging of Colegio Municipal de Bachillerato Barrio Aeropuerto, Escuela Integrada Julio Rincón, Escuela Luis Carlos Galán Sarmiento, Colegio Básico Toledo Plata, Colegio Básico Virgilio Barco and Escuela Rural Los Peracos. The college is named for the International Airport Camilo Daza (900,000 passengers in 2012), inaugurated on 10 October 1971.
The flag of
the institute is divided white-wine red by a thin green stripe running from
the lower hoist to the upper fly. White is a symbol of beauty, honour and
transparency. Wine red is a symbol of human touch, affectivity and
cordiality. Green is a symbol of hope.
http://www.colaeropuerto.edu.co/simbolos.html - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 9 July 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 15 January 2004
"Colegio Distrital 'Agustín Fernández'", located
in Bogotá, is named after Agustín Fernández (1879-1908), a
pioneer of telegraph in Colombia, murdered in Bogotá. In 1929,
his father, Francisco Javier Fernández Bello, offerred a plot of
land for the building of a rural school to be named after his
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically and described on the website of the institute, is horizontally divided blue-white-blue. Blue, on the first stripe, represents the light enlightening the way to knowledge, triggering creativity and facilitating communication. White represents peace, respect and tolerance. Blue, on the second stripe, represents love and knowledge transmitting energy and tranquillity.
Ivan Sache, 15 January 2004
image by Ivan Sache, 27 September 2014
Colegio San Agustín was established in 1937 in Simijaca (Cundinamarca
Department), on a plot bequeathed to the municipality by Agustín Parra "to
provide education and Christian instruction to the children of my family and to
other young people, children of poor parents with recognized worthiness". In
1940, the school was reorganized and renamed Colegio María Auxiliadora, and, in
1953, Colegio Agustín Parra. Institución Educativa Agustín Parra was established
by Resolution 3,770 of 6 November 2004, as the merger of Institución Educativa
Integrada Agustín Parra, Concentración Urbana La Estación, Concentración Urbana
Manuel Briseño, Concentración Urbana Antonio Nariño, Concentración Urbana
Policarpa Salavarrieta, Escuela Rural Aposentos Cristales, Escuela Rural Don
Lope No. 2, Escuela Rural Don Lope No. 1, Escuela Rural El Fical, Escuela Rural
El Juncal, Escuela Rural El Ruchical, Escuela Rural El Santuario, Escuela Rural
Peña Blanca, Escuela Rural San Francisco, Escuela Rural San José, Escuela Rural
San Rafael, and Escuela Rural Aposentos Taquira.
The flag of the institute, designed in 1983 by Juan Murcia Varela, is green with a white triangle placed along the hoist and reaching the fly. Green represents the pastures and the fields, and is a symbol of hope. White is a symbol of honesty, frankness, and enthusiasm.
Source: http://ieagustinparrasimijaca.blogspot.fr/ - Institute's blog
Ivan Sache, 27 September 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 29 June 2014
Colegio Agustina Ferro was established in Ocaña (Norte del Santander
Department) by Departmental Ordinance No. 46 of 30 November 1961. Decree No.
855, adopted in 2002, merged Colegio Agustina Ferro, Colegio de Educación media
Fatima, Escuela Simón Bolivar and Escuela el Carmen to form Institución
Educativa Agustina Ferro. The institute is named for Agustina Ferro, a heroin of
the Colombian independence shot on 20 January 1820 in Ocaña by the Colorado
The flag of the institute is white with the institute's emblem in the middle. The emblem of the institute features a book an a lamp always enlightening knowledge and science, a scroll inscribed with the words "CONOCIMIENTO INTEGRIDAD VALORES" [Knowledge Integrity Values]. Accordingly, the emblem means "an integrated education based on the light of knowledge and on values".
Source: http://www.colagustina.edu.co/index.php/institucional/2013-09-30-02-41-36/himno-y-simbolos/escudo - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 29 June 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 28 July 2011
A photo on the website of "Colegio Agustiniano de San Nicolás" shows such a
The "generic" emblem of the Augustinian Colleges has three basic components:
- a laurel crown surrounding the emblem, symbol of strength and heroism;
- a heart pierced by an arrow in the middle of the emblem, symbolizing love for God, for mankind and for the world, placed on an open book symbolizing science;
- a cross symbolizing the Christian ideal.
The Augustinian motto "Amor y Ciencia" (Love and Science) is inscribed on a ring inside the emblem, surmounted by the name of the institute. Ciudad Salitre, Norte, San Nicolas, Suba and Tagaste have a white writing on a red ring. Campestre and Floridablanca have a white writing on a blue ring.
Ivan Sache, 28 July 2011
image by Ivan Sache and Peter Hans van den Muijzenberg, 13 September 2014
IDEM Niquia was established in Bello (Antioquia Department) by Decree No. 289
of 1 March 1983 and renamed IDEM Fé y Alegría Alberto Lebrun Muñera by Decree
No. 16 of 17 June 1986.
Source: http://iealbertolebrun.wordpress.com/ - Institute's website
The flag of the institute is diagonally divided, per bend sinister, green-red, with a golden staff. The diagonal is made of two thin white-red stripes. The flag can be used either without or with the institute's emblem, then placed in the flag's "upper part".
Green is a symbol of hope. Red is a symbol of tenacity, struggle, and liberty. The diagonal stripes are a symbol of belonging and commitment to give and love. The golden staff is a symbol of the potential resources hold by everyone, especially students.
Source: http://iealbertolebrun.wordpress.com/nuestra-bandera/ - Institute's website
The emblem of the institute is inscribed with the motto "EDUCACION, LIBERTAD, CULTURE" (Education, Liberty, Culture). The book and the mountain placed in the upper part represent education and the way to it, respectively. The handshake represents the union of all people involved in the good management of the institute. Green is a symbol of aspiration to a better future. Grey is a symbol of working spirit. Yellow is a symbol of knowledge. Red is a symbol of life. Coffee brown is a symbol of dexterity and skill. White is a symbol of purity.
Source: http://iealbertolebrun.wordpress.com/nuestro-escudo/ - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 13 September 2014
Is this "bearing a golden staff", or "its flagstaff being gold-coloured"?
By accident we had two such stripes, but they were to far apart to form a single diagonal. As a stop-gap measure I filled in the gaps with red and white.
But I wonder whether we need some sort of shading to indicate the red diagonal on the red stripe. I now that part of the design will not be very strong, regardless, but if one could see the red diagonal continuing, then at least the design would make sense.
Hm, interesting, those colours. Hope apparently is an aspiration to a better future, while life is filled with tenacity, struggle, and liberty.
Peter Hans van den Muijzenberg, 13 September 2014
They do draw
it that way. But in the
photograph, it doesn't look like that.
But do you guys otherwise think of the flag in the photograph, BTW?
Peter Hans van den Muijzenberg, 11 April 2015
Redrawn to improve the diagonal
image by Peter Hans van den Muijzenberg, 14 May 2015
A different direction
image by Peter Hans van den Muijzenberg, 14 May 2015
I myself think it doesn't look so much like a bi-colour green over red, over
all a bi-colour narrow rising diagonal, red over white - as like a bi-colour
narrow rising diagonal, white over red.
Peter Hans van den Muijzenberg, 14 May 2015
image by Ivan Sache, 9 January 2004
The College was founded in 1983. Its flag is white with the
shield of the College in the middle.
Source: <www.voluntad.com.co>, located by Dov Gutterman.
Ivan Sache, 9 January 2004
image by Ivan Sache, 19 September 2014
Flag of Colegio Cooperativo 'Alejandrino Restrepo' is based on
Dov Gutterman, 3 June 2001
Colegio Cooperativo 'Alejandrino Restrepo' is located in the
municipality of Ciudad Bolívar, in
Colombia. The flag of the college is horizontally divided
orange-green. Proportion cannot be infered from the waving image
shown on the website. 2:3 used by default.
Ivan Sache, 3 June 2001
The flag of the institute is prescribed in Article 12 of the
institute's Etiquette Guidebook, as horizontally divided yellow-forest
green. The colours represent the resources and fertility of the soil.
Ivan Sache, 19 September 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 24 July 2014
Colegio Alfonso Jaramillo Gutiérrez was established in the Boston borough,
part of the municipality of Pereira (Risaralda Department) by Agreement No. 10
of 28 December 1966. The institute is named for Alfonso Jaramillo Gutiérrez
(1870-1951), benefactor of Pereira. Jaramillo pushed the establishment of public
services , such as electricity and water supply, and of the Market Square.
The flag of the institute is diagonally divided white-green per bend sinister, with the institute's emblem in the middle.
http://salsa-samy.blogspot.fr/2008/08/bandera-de-la-institucion.html - Sandra Milena's blog
Ivan Sache, 24 July 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 04 December 2014
Institución Educativa Técnica Alfonso López (IETAL) was established in La
Dorada (Caldas Department) by Agreement No. 62 of 20 November 1978, issued by
the administration of the regional educative body of Caldas.
The flag of IETAL is horizontally divided yellow-white-green. Yellow represents the fusion of metals at high temperature, whose incandescent colour is a symbol of creativity and ingenuity on the educationalists in the workshops. White represent integer men forging peace, able to work peacefully together in search of a better future through honesty, work, transparency and harmonious social interaction. Green is a symbol of the aspiration of the community to educate young people able to efficiently enter the working environment, based on the values that lead to excellence.
Source: http://ietaldorada.edu.co/website/index.php/simbolos - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 04 December 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 28 September 2014
Institución Educativa Alfonso López Pumarejo is located in Medellín
The institute is named for the Liberal politician Alfonso López Pumarejo (1886-1959), President of the Republic of Colombia (1934-1938 and 1942-1945).
The flag of the institute is presented in the institute's Institutional Educational Project as horizontally divided white-blue-yellow-green (3:1:1:1).
White is the symbol of the purity of mind and of everyone's dreams for the future. Blue is a symbol of highness, plenty, force, and peace. Yellow is a symbol of light, liberty, and joy. Green is a symbol of unity, hope, productivity, and cooperation.
Ivan Sache, 28 September 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 16 August 2014
Institución Educativa Técnica Alfonso Palacio Rudas is located in Honda
(Tolima Department). The institute is named for the Honda-born lawyer, economist
and Liberal politician Alfonso Palacio Rudas (1912-1996), Governor of Tolima
(1960) and Mayor of Bogotá (1974-1975).
The flag of the institute is diagonally divided (per bend sinister) dark red-white.
Source: http://palaciorudas.blogspot.fr/2011/09/simbolos-de-la-institucion.html - Institute's unofficial blog
Ivan Sache, 16 August 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 29 December 2009
"Institución Educativa 'Alfonso Spath Spath' "
(INEDAS) was founded on 13 January 1993 (Municipal Decree No. 07)
at Martínez, Municipality of Cereté, Department of Córdoba.
The flag of INEDAS, as shown graphically and described on the website of the institute, is in proportions 1:2, vertically divided in two equal parts, the first half being white and the second half horizontally divided green-red.
White represents cotton.
Green represents the maize fields. Red represents the joy of the youth.
Ivan Sache, 29 December 2009
image by Ivan Sache, 28 September 2014
Institución Educativa Alianza is located in San Andrés (Córdoba Department).
The flag of the institute is presented in Chapter 5 of the school's Institutional Educational Project, as divided red-white by the ascending diagonal.
Ivan Sache, 28 September 2014