This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Taraza (Antioquia, Colombia)

Tarazá

Last modified: 2016-03-14 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: antioquia | colombia | taraza | bajo cauca |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




image by Dov Gutterman, 13 July 2002



See also:


Overview

Based on image at http://www.gobant.gov.co/gobierno/CaceTaraza.htm#TARAZA.(defunct website)
Dirk Schonberger, 13 July 2002

The municipality of Tarazá (29,406 inhabitants in 2002; 1,560 sq. km) is located in the north of the Antioquia Department, 220 km north-east of Medellín. Tarazá was founded in 1953 on the banks of the river of the same name by the Ospina family. The Inspection of Tarazá was created on 14 December 1959 by Decree No. 25. The municipality was founded in 1979 by secession from Cáceres.
Ivan Sache, 01 November 2011


The Flag

The flag is horizontally divided green-yellow-red, by the municipal website, with the following meaning of the colours:
- Green represents the diversity of agriculture on the municipal territory;
- Yellow represents gold mining;
- Red represents cattle-breeding.
Source: http://taraza-antioquia.gov.co/>
Ivan Sache, 01 November 2011